Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Peek at our Week 2011: Week 6


Saturday, February 5


It has been a long standing tradition in our family to go get donuts & coffee first thing on Saturday morning.  What a treat today!  Dunkin' Donuts has a new Valentine donut called Cupid’s Choice.  It's a heart-shaped donut filled with Bavarian Kreme, topped with strawberry icing and pink, white and red heart-shaped sprinkles.  It is fabulous!  I love this little tradition that we have...it's about more than the donuts.  I love that we start our weekend off simply enjoying being together.  I love that we are making memories with our boys.   I love that we are family.


Sunday, February 6


This year, the Super Bowl was alot more relaxing to watch; we didn't have a dog in this fight.  So unlike last year when we watched the Saints' historic win as a family of four, this year we went to the neighborhood's Super Bowl party.  And we had the best time.  It was BYOB and an appetizer to share.  There are many gourmet cooks in the neighborhood, so the typical football food was elevated to new heights!  I brought a seven layer Mexican dip (this dip always reminds me of our law school days), but my favorite was a fantastic chili with mini cornbread muffins.  I love a dinner plate full of finger foods...so fun!  


Monday, February 7


My Mom shows she loves me all day.  In the morning she gives me breatfeast.  My Mom lets me go outside during the day.  She kisses me at night.  Thats how she love me.  Love, Jack
Awwwww.  I love you more!  Always.



Tuesday, February 8


Tonight, Jack made a wonderful discovery.  Listening to music on Daddy's MP3 player makes doing homework so much easier.  Look at him rockin' those math problems.  I just pray that Daddy's music is appropriate for a 7 year old!


Wednesday, February 9


This afternoon, we stopped by the book store to hang out for a bit.  Why is the train table such a magnet for little boys?  At one point, I counted 5 engineers pushing trains.  While Will was occupied with Thomas, Jack and I enjoyed reading books together.  But what I most want to remember from today is just how perfectly these little hands, with the stamps and dirty fingernails, fit into mine.


Thursday, February 10


I just love Thursdays!  It is the one morning during the week that Will and I don't have to hit the ground running.   Will loves to hang out in his jammies, while I catch up on doing laundry, paying bills, making phone calls, and getting myself organized for the weekend.  But the best part is that every other Thursday the cleaning service comes...I just love seeing those ladies!  Today at lunch, Will and I enjoyed watching Mr. Cardinal eating his lunch, too.  I told Will that I bet Mr. Cardinal and his other woodland friends were very thankful for the bird feeder that he made!
**sorry it is so hard to see the cardinals, I was taking this picture across the backyard through my kitchen window with my point & shoot camera**



Friday, February 11


Whew!  I am beat.  I have hosted two parties this week for our neighborhood...a Super Bowl party and a children's Secret Valentine party.  And being the perfectionist that I am, I have to make sure every little detail is just right, so the day of the party I am running out "for one last thing" all day long!  The Secret Valentine party is so much fun.  The children in the neighborhood are assigned a Valentine their same age and gender.  During the week, you leave 2 secret surprises in their mailbox.  On Friday, we meet at the clubhouse for dinner and a present to "reveal" yourself to your Valentine.  Jack and Will got lots of candy during the week and tonight, Jack received Legos from his Valentine and Will was gifted a stuffed lab.  Both perfect gifts for each of them!


No comments: