Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up


On Friday, I went grocery shopping for a few things to get us through the weekend.

Here is what I came home with:
1 case of Bud Light Lime beer
1 bottle of Merlot
1 case of Jones Root Beer
1 case of Jones Berry Lemonade
4 pints of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
1 box of Hostess Twinkies (one of the few remaining boxes)
1 box of Hostess Zingers (completely out of Ding Dongs)
1 quart of Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
1 3 pack box of Pumpkin Spice bread mix
1 2 pack box of Cinnabon Streusel bread mix

No, I'm not shopping for a fraternity house, why do you ask?

The beer and wine are staples on the weekend grocery list, but the Hostess cakes were new.  In all of the talk about Hostess turning off the ovens, we realized that neither Jack or Will had ever tasted a Twinkie or a Ding Dong.  We wanted them to experience a little bit of our childhood nostalgia.  Ding Dongs are gone, people.  There are Hostess hoarders out there.  Twinkies are hard to find, but they're still out there.  You just have to look.


Jack and I have been enjoying pumpkin bread.  This mix is so easy to make and so delicious!  Will thought it tasted "too pumpkin-y", but if you are making PUMPKIN BREAD then I think a "pumpkin-y" taste means you've succeeded.

What's even more delicious is to spread some brown sugar cinnamon cream cheese on the pumpkin bread.  YUMMM!



Friday night, we went to our usual pizza joint.  While we are waiting for our pizzas, the boys play video games or buy bubble gum from the quarter machines.  Well, this Friday night was special because Will bought me a ring.


He was so excited to present me with the ring.  He put it on my finger and kept asking if I thought it was beautiful and if it was better than the ring Daddy had given me.  I bragged about how much I loved it, loved the color, loved how shiny it was, and it was definitely bigger than the ring Daddy had given me.  On the way home, Will told me that he was probably going to give the ring to his wife one day, but I could enjoy it until then.  I promised that I would keep it safe and in pristine condition.  He wanted me to keep it on my nightstand Friday night, and first thing Saturday morning, Will put the ring back on my finger to enjoy.  He is such a precious boy!

On Saturday, we watched football all day...from noon til midnight!  And that is what I would call a perfect fall Saturday!  Jack finished reading the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, The Third Wheel.  Will stayed in his pajamas the entire day.  And that would be the perfect day, any day, in Will's book!

On Sunday, we went to church, played with our friends, baked bread, and cleaned out the garage.  We also polished off the Twinkies, the Zingers, and the wine, and made a good dent in the beer and ice cream!

What a productive weekend!

No comments: